I couldn’t decide which picture to use, so I used them all. They just look so pretty. To get my cheesecake fix without spending hours baking one, I had some cream cheese, strawberries, and half a baguette left. If you don’t have a spare artisan baguette laying around that you purchased at the fancy gourmet section of your supermarket, use crackers.
- 12 in. baguette, sliced (16 pieces)
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 8 strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Toast baguette slices if they are stale, in the toaster oven.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, honey, yogurt, vanilla extract, sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. sugar onto strawberries, mix gently until strawberries looked glazed.
- Spoon cream cheese onto bread, garnish with slice of strawberry.