I wish I had some better pictures, but I had to use a flash, and I don’t like using a flash on food photos. These chocolate covered strawberries were so easy to make, I don’t even want to write down directions. I found recipes on-line that stated the level of difficulty as INTERMEDIATE! Intermediate to what, boiling water? I didn’t know what made it intermediate, and I started to panic thinking I did something terribly wrong, maybe I was missing a step that involved doing a hand-stand as I dipped the strawberry into the chocolate. I don’t know. They tasted the same as any other chocolate dipped strawberry I overpaid for at a fancy supermarket.
My husband helped me dip these, and as you can see, he likes his chocolate to cover his strawberries like a conservative turtleneck rather than a formal tuxedo. But I guess he wanted the chocolate to strawberry ratio equal.
Level: BEGINNER-IF YOU CAN BOIL WATER YOU CAN DO THIS.
- 2 pints of strawberries
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
1) Wash and completely dry each strawberry with a paper towel.
2) Line a dish/pan with parchment or wax paper.
2) In a liquid measuring cup, melt chocolate chips in the microwave, about a 1 – 1.5 minutes. Take out of microwave, stir until top surface of chips are completely melted.
3) Holding stem of strawberry, dip into cup of chocolate. Twist the strawberry out of chocolate, place on wax paper.
4) Let cool for an hour.